How much information will I receive before joining a cancer clinical trial?

The process of being evaluated for a clinical trial provides lots of information about what you will experience. People in clinical trials also receive a detailed "informed consent" document. This document describes everything from treatment procedures and schedules to possible risks and benefits.

Continue Learning about Medical Research

Joining a Clinical Trial: Should You or Shouldn’t You?
You may not feel as if you have much choice when it comes to healthcare for a serious illness. But whether or not to join a clinical trial is complete...
Why are randomized, double-blind studies the most trustworthy kind?
In addition to asking other critical questions when trying to judge if a study if meaningful or reli...
How do I know whether to believe the latest medical research findings?
If you've noticed an uptick in oddball medical research lately, you're not imagining things. With ov...
As a Technology Giant, Do You Have to Provide Leadership to an Entire Nation?