Using liquids, chemicals and sample plates, robotics can run tests on thousands of these compounds on biological samples for potential therapeutic activity. Walk into a modern research facility and you might be surprised to find that in some places, it looks more like a manufacturing plant. The large amounts of data produced are fed into computer systems for analysis and used by the researcher for another round of innovation and discovery.
- Q How is a double-blind study safe if my doctor doesn't know what I'm taking?
- Q What is informed consent in clinical research?
- Q What is the Council for American Medical Innovation?
- Q How can medical innovation make the U.S. globally competitive again?
- Q What are the key steps to improve the process of discovering new medicines?
- Q How does the National Institutes of Health help drug discovery?