Using liquids, chemicals and sample plates, robotics can run tests on thousands of these compounds on biological samples for potential therapeutic activity. Walk into a modern research facility and you might be surprised to find that in some places, it looks more like a manufacturing plant. The large amounts of data produced are fed into computer systems for analysis and used by the researcher for another round of innovation and discovery.
- Q What is the nocebo response?
- Q How do public and private partners work together for medical innovation?
- Q What are the steps involved in discovering new drugs?
- Q How can I participate in a study other than clinical trials?
- Q Which branch of science studies risk factors of contracting disease?
- Q What is biometrics?