Using liquids, chemicals and sample plates, robotics can run tests on thousands of these compounds on biological samples for potential therapeutic activity. Walk into a modern research facility and you might be surprised to find that in some places, it looks more like a manufacturing plant. The large amounts of data produced are fed into computer systems for analysis and used by the researcher for another round of innovation and discovery.
- Q What are the steps involved in discovering new drugs?
- Q Who conducts medical research?
- Q What are body farms?
- Q What is clinical research?
- Q What happens during the FDA review and approval process of drugs?
- Q How is genetic research paying off for today's patients?