How should I prepare for a trip to the grocery store?

Lisa Oz
Health Education
One tip here is to eat before you go to the grocery store -- and if you’re taking your kids with you, make sure they’ve eaten, too. If you don’t have time for a meal, throw a healthy snack like nuts or an apple into your purse and munch on it in the car on the way to the market. You don’t want to be lured into buying something you don’t really need or want because your blood sugar is low and your resistance is even lower. Also, it helps to be prepared with a smart shopping list. Take an inventory of what you’ve already got, then break the list into two categories: what you’re going to eat in the next few days and what you need in the long run. That way, you don’t buy foods you don’t really need. 

Continue Learning about Meal Planning and Weight Loss

How can I make healthy meals in stressful times?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The average amount of time people have time to prepare a meal is 15 minutes. Often healthy eating an...
Can I make use of the internet in planning a healthy meal?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Doing an internet search just using healthy foods will bring you hits of thousands of sites. To narr...
To Lose Weight, Use Smart Timing for Your Meals
To Lose Weight, Treat Your Appetite to a Boring Menu