What are some negative thoughts caused by overeating?

Laura Katleman-Prue
When we have overindulged, the Critic (the ego's judgmental voice) berates us with harsh judgments such as:
  • You know you shouldn't have eaten that; now you'll gain weight.
  • You are such a glutton.
  • It wasn't enough to eat some of that; you had to go and eat the whole thing!
  • You're insatiable.
  • Eating like that is a sin. Repent or God will send you to hell.
  • You'll never get the body you want this way, and then you'll die fat, unhappy, and alone.
Skinny Thinking: Five Revolutionary Steps to Permanently Heal Your Relationship With Food, Weight, and Your Body

READY TO END YOUR FOOD and WEIGHT WORRIES? If so, Skinny Thinking is for you. The only way to create a healthy relationship with food and stop battling with your weight is to change the way you think...

Continue Learning about Managing Negative Emotions

What is the best way to combat hatred?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Many religious groups teach that the best way to combat hatred is through love and forgiveness.Psych...
How can I handle my negative thoughts?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Here is a cognitive behavioral therapy technique that Byron Katie, Dr. Amen and others use to help...
Holding a Grudge
Holding a Grudge
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What can I do about my fear of driving over bridges?