How can I stop being ashamed of my feelings?

If you find yourself ashamed of many of your feelings, or if you have a difficult time knowing what you feel, you might try experimenting with some of the following replacement rules:
  • I can feel as mad as I want for as long as I want.
  • I can feel as afraid as I want for as long as I want.
  • I can feel as sad as I want for as long as I want.
  • I can feel as happy as I want for as long as I want.
  • I can wake up excited every day.
  • I can make mistakes.
  • I can create my own rules.
This final rule is the most important rule. It gives you permission to author your own rules, to become your own authority. Creating your own rules is a scary process, and you may experience consequences that result in major life changes.
Listening to Depression: How Understanding Your Pain Can Heal Your Life

A New Way of Thinking About DepressionWhat does it really mean to be depressed? You know depression as a collection of symptoms—fatigue, listlessness, feelings of worthlessness—and the source of...

Continue Learning about Managing Negative Emotions

Be Less Furious: 7 Smart Tips to a Calmer You
Whether you’re irritated by inconveniences or fly into a fury at the slightest provocation, we can all benefit from learning to cope effectively with ...
How can I permanently overcome my negative emotions?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
Sorry to break it to you, but negative emotions are a part of life! Everyone experiences pain in the...
What is the goal of clearing negative emotions?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Your goal in clearing work, whether you use a direct or an indirect method, is to achieve true, long...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What can I do about my fear of driving over bridges?