What kind of benefits does managed care insurance have?

The main types of managed care plans are the HMO, PPO, and POS, each plan offering different benefits. That being said, many plans offer the following benefits free or at a very low co-pay:

- free annual physical exams

- cancer screenings such as pap smears, mammography, PSA tests, and colonoscopy

- lab to check blood glucose for diabetes

- immunizations

- blood pressure and blood cholesterol checks

- counseling for weight loss, drug use or quitting cigarettes

But you’ll have to invest in a set of quality magnifying glasses and scrounge up every ounce of patience you have, to find the details in your Summary Plan Description (SPD) or over the phone from your insurance provider.

Continue Learning about Managed Care Insurance

Can I pay for health insurance with pretax money?
Absolutely! That is as long as you have a flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account ...
Will I choose my own doctors with managed care insurance?
These days it’s hard to find anything that doesn’t charge you more for simple benefits like going to...
What Are the Biggest Challenges in the Healthcare System?
What Does It Mean To Manage Health?
What Does It Mean To Manage Health?