What is malignant mesothelioma?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Malignant mesothelioma is a cancer that attacks the mesothelium, the tissue lining around the organs. Malignant mesothelioma can affect the lungs, stomach, heart, or testicles. It is not very common, and it may develop as a result of exposure to asbestos.

Continue Learning about Malignant Mesothelioma

How do medications treat malignant mesothelioma?
Chemotherapy is common treatment for cancers, including malignant mesothelioma. Chemotherapy involve...
Does malignant mesothelioma affect men and women differently?
Malignant mesothelioma is most often the result of long-term exposure to asbestos. People who work i...
How do I manage my malignant mesothelioma on a daily basis?
Managing malignant mesothelioma on a daily basis involves not only dealing with the symptoms of the ...
What are the symptoms of mesothelioma?
Symptoms of mesothelioma may not appear until 30 to 50 years after exposure to asbestos. Shortness o...