What should I avoid while taking Viagra?

You know that you should never drink and drive. That advice pretty much applies to taking Viagra too. If you are taking Viagra for erectile dysfunction (ED), you shouldn't drink beer, wine, or any alcoholic beverage. Even moderate consumption of alcohol may increase side effects.

A few other rules of the road when taking the little blue pill: Don't take any medications with nitrates such as nitroglycerin with it. Nitrates for chest pain dilate your blood vessels and, combined with Viagra, can cause low blood pressure and even loss of consciousness. Street drugs known as "poppers" can also contain nitrates and should be avoided. Also, it is wise to become the food police: Believe it or not, eating an ordinary grapefruit or having a glass of grapefruit juice at breakfast can affect how your body responds to Viagra.