Are over-the-counter treatments available for hair disorders?

Over-the-counter medications are available for hair disorders. However, most of these medications will not cure, but rather manage, your hair disorder. Minoxidil is available, over the counter, for treatment of baldness. Waxes and depilatories work well to manage excessive hair growth. Bleaches can disguise unwanted hair to make it look less visible.

Continue Learning about Maintaining Healthy Hair

What ingredients are important for hair health?
The ingredients in hair products that are important for hair health may vary depending on your hair ...
What hair replacement procedures may be available in the future?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Researchers at a small biotechnology company called AntiCancer, Inc., say it might soon be possible ...
What to Eat for Healthier Hair
What to Eat for Healthier Hair
How Can I Keep My Hair Healthy?
How Can I Keep My Hair Healthy?