Is there a cure for Hodgkin's lymphoma?

Yes, Hodgkin's disease is one of the most curable of cancers. It is curable by both combination chemotherapy (the use of several drugs at the same time) and radiotherapy and in some cases by both used together.

Most people who are diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma are cured with treatments of chemotherapy, radiation, and stem cell transplants. Survival rates vary based on the stage of your Hodgkin's lymphoma. Nearly ninety-five percent of people with stage I, for example, live for five years after treatment without any recurrence of the disease. If your cancer has progressed to stage IV, the survival rate is greater than fifty percent.

Continue Learning about Lymphoma Treatment

What are the treatment options for lymphomas?
Treatment for lymphoma all depends on what type of lymphoma you have, how far it has advanced, and h...
How can I protect my fertility during treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma?
Chemotherapy and radiation treatments can affect your ovaries and sperm and cause infertility. If yo...
What do the letters A, B, E, and S mean for my Hodgkin's lymphoma?
Doctors use numbers and letters to describe the stage of your Hodgkin's lymphoma. The letters A and ...
How do I manage my Hodgkin's lymphoma on a daily basis?
Your doctor will offer you treatment for your Hodgkin's lymphoma. On a daily basis, you can cope wit...