Should I talk to my doctor about my lupus symptoms?

If you are consistently tired, have joint pain, fever, or rash, you should talk to your doctor. The symptoms of lupus can be complicated and vary widely from person to person. Additionally, the severity of the symptoms can range from mild to severe and can be persistent for a stretch of time and then seemingly disappear. It is the variability of the symptoms that can make lupus hard to diagnose. Thorough and consistent communication about your symptoms and their duration may help a physician come to diagnosis sooner. The earlier a diagnosis is made, the less the likelihood that serious damage will be done by the disease.

Continue Learning about Lupus Symptoms

Should I talk to my doctor about neonatal lupus symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If your child has symptoms of neonatal lupus (such as a skin rash), you should speak to your pediatr...
How common is lupus?
Suhail Kumar, MDSuhail Kumar, MD
Roughly 5 new cases in a 100,000 are diagnosed each year.  One in a 1000 Caucasians live with lupus ...
Will my lupus symptoms ever go away entirely?
Suhail Kumar, MDSuhail Kumar, MD
There is no cure for lupus, however goal is to achieve remission.  Because lupus is a chronic illnes...
What are flare warning signs and ways to prevent them?
For someone with lupus, a flare (an increase in symptom intensity) may have several warning signs. T...