Should I talk to my doctor about my lupus symptoms?

If you are consistently tired, have joint pain, fever, or rash, you should talk to your doctor. The symptoms of lupus can be complicated and vary widely from person to person. Additionally, the severity of the symptoms can range from mild to severe and can be persistent for a stretch of time and then seemingly disappear. It is the variability of the symptoms that can make lupus hard to diagnose. Thorough and consistent communication about your symptoms and their duration may help a physician come to diagnosis sooner. The earlier a diagnosis is made, the less the likelihood that serious damage will be done by the disease.

Continue Learning about Lupus Symptoms

What are flare warning signs and ways to prevent them?
For someone with lupus, a flare (an increase in symptom intensity) may have several warning signs. T...
Should I talk to my doctor about neonatal lupus symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If your child has symptoms of neonatal lupus (such as a skin rash), you should speak to your pediatr...
How common is lupus?
Around 16,000 Americans develop lupus each year. It is most common in young women; about 90 percent ...
Will my lupus symptoms ever go away entirely?
Lupus is a disease characterized by periods when symptoms intensify (flares) and subside (remission)...