What are blue zones?

Blue zones are places on Earth where, on average, people live longer and healthier lives.
The four places around the world that are considered to be blue zones are Sardinia, Italy; Okinawa, Japan; Loma Linda, Calif; and Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica.
People living in each of these places have a greater chance of reach the age of 90 than any other places on Earth. These places also have higher percentages of people who have reached age 100 than other places.

Continue Learning about Longevity

Does Being Happy Make You Live Longer?
Does Being Happy Make You Live Longer?
They’re calling it “good news for the grumpy.” A December 2015 study published in The Lancet has shown no link between being unhappy and dying early. ...
Why should I rethink retirement if I want to live longer?
The theory goes like this. At the end of a long career awaits the ultimate stress reduction plan: re...
Improve Your Health in 5 Minutes Each Day
Improve Your Health in 5 Minutes Each DayImprove Your Health in 5 Minutes Each DayImprove Your Health in 5 Minutes Each DayImprove Your Health in 5 Minutes Each Day
Try these five quick ways to boost your health.
Spend Time With Friends to Live Longer
Spend Time With Friends to Live Longer