How can eating nuts help me live longer?

To live longer and younger, eat five small fistfuls of nuts every week. These tasty nuggets will lower your risk of belly fat, diabetes, heart disease, and more. Eating nuts can even knock back heart-menacing LDL cholesterol by 10 points and high triglycerides by 20 points. The challenge is moderation. One fistful (about 1 ounce) has 160 to 200 calories, so don't overdo it. To fill up without filling out, pair nuts together with fruit, such as peach or apple slices, and sneak in a little peanut butter.

Continue Learning about Longevity

How You Cook Affects How You Age
How You Cook Affects How You Age
For 56 percent of the 200 million Americans who live in a home with a grill (charcoal or gas) barbequing is a year-round passion. And that means you m...
How can taking aspirin help me live longer?
To live longer and younger, take two baby aspirins a day. These daily doses prevent gastrointest...
What are some things I can do to age well?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Researchers at the University of California surveyed 205 elderly people who were still living in...
5 Bad Habits That Are Aging You
5 Bad Habits That Are Aging You