How can eating nuts help me live longer?

To live longer and younger, eat five small fistfuls of nuts every week. These tasty nuggets will lower your risk of belly fat, diabetes, heart disease, and more. Eating nuts can even knock back heart-menacing LDL cholesterol by 10 points and high triglycerides by 20 points. The challenge is moderation. One fistful (about 1 ounce) has 160 to 200 calories, so don't overdo it. To fill up without filling out, pair nuts together with fruit, such as peach or apple slices, and sneak in a little peanut butter.

Continue Learning about Longevity

The Secret to a Long, Independent Life
The Secret to a Long, Independent Life
Concerned about staying mobile and independent well into your golden years? Try this sure-fire strategy: Go for a walk.  A study led by researchers a...
How can I prepare for aging while I'm young?
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the most important way to prepare for aging while you are young. ...
5 Habits That Can Make You Look Older Than You Are
5 Habits That Can Make You Look Older Than You Are5 Habits That Can Make You Look Older Than You Are5 Habits That Can Make You Look Older Than You Are5 Habits That Can Make You Look Older Than You Are
Ditch these habits to look healthier and younger.
Wendy Reveals How She Defies Her Age
Wendy Reveals How She Defies Her Age