Q

Longevity

How does my attitude affect my lifespan?

• A , Fitness, answered
    Perhaps one's sense of his or her own usefulness to the family or society in general plays a role in how long that individual lives; because we're steadily eliminating many of the external factors that limit life, gains in longevity beyond those provided by exercise, good diet, and so on will come from attitudinal factors. To live long, we need the conviction that we need to live long, that we have something to contribute -- that is, wisdom -- if not to society then to our families or to ourselves, perhaps through continuing education, a second career, or volunteer work in the community. We need to stay engaged.
    2 people found this helpful.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
How long will I live?