The best way to manage your vertigo and dizziness on a daily basis is to be aware of the circumstances that trigger your symptoms. For example, avoid sudden head movements, standing and sitting too quickly. Avoid activities that can compromise your balance. Use a walking stick or cane to counter any imbalance you may feel. Sit or lie down when you feel lightheaded, or dizzy. Because vertigo and dizziness can also affect your emotional and mental health, it's important to seek support from friends, family, or a support group.
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my vertigo and dizziness?
- Q What causes physical instability?
- Q Are there different types of dizziness?
- Q How common is dizziness?
- Q What is objective vertigo and dizziness?
- Q When should I go to the emergency room for vertigo?