Scoliosis causes the spine to appear as a wavy curve, somewhat like the letters S or C. In mild cases, the worst effect of scoliosis may be a sore back and stiffness from prolonged sitting or standing. In more severe cases of scoliosis, the curve of the spine may become so extreme that it limits the space in the chest cavity, causing breathing problems. If scoliosis is not treated, arthritis and chronic back pain may be present in adulthood.
- Q How long does nonstructural scoliosis last?
- Q How does structural scoliosis affect the body?
- Q How do I manage my scoliosis on a daily basis?
- Q How does nonstructural scoliosis affect the body?
- Q How do I manage my structural scoliosis on a daily basis?
- Q How do other illnesses affect nonstructural scoliosis?