How long does nonstructural scoliosis last?

Nonstructural scoliosis is often temporary. If your doctor can diagnose and treat the condition that is causing your nonstructural scoliosis, the curve may resolve itself. In some cases, however, a cause for nonstructural scoliosis cannot be determined. If that is the case, your spinal curve may last throughout adulthood.

Nonstructural scoliosis lasts over the lifetime of the patient, just as it does in structural scoliosis.

Continue Learning about Living With Scoliosis

What do I need to know about caring for someone with structural scoliosis?
The most important thing to do when caring for someone with structural scoliosis is to get it diagno...
How does nonstructural scoliosis affect the body?
Nonstructural scoliosis causes the spine to curve from side-to-side, somewhat like the letters S or ...
Samuel A. Joseph Jr., MDSamuel A. Joseph Jr., MD
Nonstructural scoliosis lasts over the lifetime of the patient, just as it does in structural scolio...
How do I manage my structural scoliosis on a daily basis?
If you have a mild case of structural scoliosis, you and your doctor may determine that you don't ne...