How does PTSD affect the veteran’s relationships at home?

The symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can disrupt a veteran’s home life and family relationships. If you suffer from PTSD, you may feel numb and have difficulty expressing your emotions to your loved ones. You may pull away from them or reject their help. You may be edgy, irritable, easily startled, or quick to anger. All of these reactions can try the patience and understanding of even the most loving family. Even though you don’t mean to hurt or discourage them, your loved ones may blame themselves for not being able to help you.

Continue Learning about Living with PTSD

Ways Aerobic Exercise Can Help With PTSD
After losing 29 marines in Iraq, infantryman Mike Ergo returned home to California with a severe case of PTSD. Featured in NBC’s coverage of the 2017 ...
How does post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) affect the body?
People suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder often feel hyper vigilant all the time.Watch as...
What activities should someone with post-traumatic stress disorder avoid?
Avoid using alcohol or drugs to dull the symptoms you are feeling. Talk to someone if you start feel...
How do I manage my post-traumatic stress disorder a daily basis?
Managing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) on a daily basis starts with seeing a doctor to get t...