Plant foods are rich in magnesium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone health. A vegetarian or plant-based diet can provide excellent amounts of the B vitamins and folate. Significant relief for constipation, which may be a serious problem in MS, can be achieved by the high fiber content of the vegetarian diet. Those who consume more fruits and vegetables are also less prone to chronic infections. In addition, the rich supply of vitamins, minerals and trace elements obtained from fruits and vegetables are essential for optimal function of the immune system.
- Q How should I choose a travel destination if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q What are good sources of vitamin D if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q How can I make getting dressed easier if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q What is the effect of excessive cold on multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q Why should I try to continue working if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q What causes depression in multiple sclerosis (MS)?