Plant foods are rich in magnesium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone health. A vegetarian or plant-based diet can provide excellent amounts of the B vitamins and folate. Significant relief for constipation, which may be a serious problem in MS, can be achieved by the high fiber content of the vegetarian diet. Those who consume more fruits and vegetables are also less prone to chronic infections. In addition, the rich supply of vitamins, minerals and trace elements obtained from fruits and vegetables are essential for optimal function of the immune system.
- Q What are some tips for living with multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q Why should I do water exercise if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q What prescription drugs can help me achieve an erection if I have MS?
- Q How can I make it easier to turn faucets if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q How should I plan a summer wedding if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q Should people with multiple sclerosis undergo a colonoscopy?