Plant foods are rich in magnesium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone health. A vegetarian or plant-based diet can provide excellent amounts of the B vitamins and folate. Significant relief for constipation, which may be a serious problem in MS, can be achieved by the high fiber content of the vegetarian diet. Those who consume more fruits and vegetables are also less prone to chronic infections. In addition, the rich supply of vitamins, minerals and trace elements obtained from fruits and vegetables are essential for optimal function of the immune system.
- Q What medications help treat sexual pain caused by multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q How can breastfeeding my baby affect my multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- Q Should I get the flu shot if I have multiple sclerosis?
- Q Why should I join a multiple sclerosis support group?
- Q What relaxation techniques help manage pain from multiple sclerosis?
- Q How should I organize my bathroom if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?