How can overexercise trigger an exacerbation in people with MS?

There is no evidence to support that exercising or overexercising causes exacerbations in people with multiple sclerosis (MS). There may be a transient increase in symptoms if the exercises are done improperly or if you overheat, but it does not cause progression of the disease. 

Continue Learning about Living With Multiple Sclerosis

4 Ways to Work Out When You Have Multiple Sclerosis
If you have multiple sclerosis (MS), you may feel as though maintaining a fitness routine is more than you can handle—after all, simply getting around...
As someone with MS, what can I do to handle the stress of holiday shopping?
If you have multiple sclerosis (MS), it may help you handle the stress of holiday shopping if you or...
Why might my occupational therapist perform a home evaluation if I have MS?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Home evaluations are often conducted so that the occupational therapist may observe you in your home...
What Role Does Stress play in Multiple Sclerosis?