How do I manage my learning disability on a daily basis?

If you have a learning disability, you may find that tasks that others find easy, such as completing homework or studying for a test, seem much more difficult for you. This may be frustrating, but does not need to be discouraging. There are people and treatments that can help you be successful.

You will probably meet with a teacher who specializes in learning disabilities on a regular basis. He or she may help you find ways of studying or learning that work for you, and may teach you some strategies that will help overcome your disability. It is very important that you follow these suggestions, even if they don't seem to make everything better all at once. Staying positive and confident will help you cope.

Continue Learning about Living With Learning Disabilities (LD)

Do output learning disabilities affect children differently than adults?
Output learning disabilities (LDs) tend to be most challenging for children. During early stages of ...
How do other conditions affect output learning disabilities?
Other physical and emotional issues can compound the affects of output learning disabilities. Some c...
Are there alternative treatments for output learning disabilities?
Special education teachers, doctors, and therapists often utilize non-medical treatments for individ...
How do I manage my child's output learning disability on a daily basis?
As the parent of a child with an output learning disability (LD), you will need to offer support and...