How should I communicate with my loved ones after a cancer diagnosis?

If you have been diagnosed with cancer, don't forget about your loved ones. Communicate about all desires, insecurities, and concerns. It can be difficult for your friends, family, and loved ones to understand what you're going through. After all, they're not clairvoyant. Most likely, they feel paralyzed by uncertainty right now, unsure whether to keep you company or leave you alone… entertain you or have the tough conversations… remain upbeat or keep their minds open to more serious and potentially upsetting conversations. While you have enough on your plate without worrying about their comfort levels, it can be personally beneficial to help them help you.

Let's face it: When you're busy working through treatment and taking care of kids and careers, it's easy to simply run out of steam before finding the time and space to tend to your relationship on a regular basis. Even couples who love each other and want their relationships to be lively, sexy, and full of affection still find themselves feeling out of sync and out of practice. A sure sign that not much is going on inside the bedroom is when there's a lack of communication outside the bedroom. Communicate as much as you can.
Sexy Ever After: Intimacy Post-Cancer

Sexy Ever After: Intimacy Post-Cancer

Recent studies show that 40-100 percent of men and women who have been treated for cancer have experienced some level of sexual dysfunction. Sexy Ever After: Intimacy Post-Cancer will help you...

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

How Can I Transition From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor?
The modern view of "survivorship" is that it begins at diagnosis. Focusing on ways to get better minimize the negative effects of treatment. Watch thi...
What is a possible complication of cancer-related nausea?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
If you vomit often due to cancer treatment, you can lose body fluids and salts. This can lead to deh...
Who can I talk to about coping with cancer?
Good In BedGood In Bed
While, a lot of the time, you may not be in the mood to talk things out, you should take the tim...
Should People with Cancer Try Alternative Therapies?