How can I help my child focus on school if I'm being treated for cancer?

If you are being treated for cancer, you'll want to be as vigilant as you were before about making sure your kids do well in school -- both academically and socially. Letting them slip in their studies can lead to a downward spiral of poor grades and bad behavior. But do realize that it may be harder for them to concentrate with the news weighing heavily on their minds and explain to their teachers what's happening. It could be that extra attention from their instructor or a tutor is just what they need to regain focus and maintain good grades.

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

As a Cancer Survivor, How Can I Deal with My Fear of a Recurrence?
If you're a cancer survivor, it's normal to worry about the disease coming back. In this video, palliative medicine specialist Dr. Stewart Fleishman d...
What are treatments for health issues facing cancer survivors?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Radiation can damage coronary arteries, so we need to aggressively manage blood pressure, cholestero...
What signs of cancer-related stress should I watch for?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
If you are experiencing a lot of stress in your life, you may notice physical side effects or change...
How Do I Cope When I First Find Out I Have Cancer?