How can I succeed with ADHD?

Many people become shocked by hearing that attention-deficit  is actually a gift. It is true that while some people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) have lives that work well, others don’t. What makes the difference?
  • Massive action. Believing that you can change your world and brain with hard work creates success. The discovery of neuroplasticity tells us that we can change our brain the harder we try.
  • Define yourself by your gifts rather than your weaknesses.
  • You need to find a job that builds on your strengths rather than patching up weaknesses. You don't have to be good at everything; you have to be really good at something.

Continue Learning about Living With ADD/ADHD

Adderall Abuse: A Growing Risk for Young Adults
You know a prescription drug is widely abused when it becomes the main character in recent movies! A is for Adderall is a documentary in production ab...
How can I deal with my urges?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Reserve a whole or half day in which you can spend the time following your own urges. During thi...
How can I overcome guilt about meeting my needs if I am an adult with ADD?
As an adult with attention deficit disorder (ADD), you may beat yourself up for your tendency to get...
Coping With ADHD Frustrations
Coping With ADHD Frustrations