How can we help my teen with his school experience?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
For children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), the classroom is often where problems first and most often appear. When it comes to specific ADHD treatments, each child and family is different. Also, the child’s severity and type of ADHD may play a part in the decision. To treat ADHD, students may require medical, educational, and behavioral interventions. This multimodal (comprehensive) approach involves both parents and children and may involve:
  • education about diagnosis and treatment
  • behavior management techniques
  • medication
  • school programming and support

Continue Learning about Living With ADD/ADHD

Adderall Abuse: A Growing Risk for Young Adults
You know a prescription drug is widely abused when it becomes the main character in recent movies! A is for Adderall is a documentary in production ab...
As a person with ADD, why do I find it hard to listen to others?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
If you have attention deficit disorder (ADD), you probably have a hard time listening because you ...
How can I start to benefit from my adult ADD?
If you have adult attention deficit disorder (ADD), trying to fit in rather than finding and focusin...
The Bright Side of Distractions
The Bright Side of Distractions