How can we help my teen with his school experience?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
For children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), the classroom is often where problems first and most often appear. When it comes to specific ADHD treatments, each child and family is different. Also, the child’s severity and type of ADHD may play a part in the decision. To treat ADHD, students may require medical, educational, and behavioral interventions. This multimodal (comprehensive) approach involves both parents and children and may involve:
  • education about diagnosis and treatment
  • behavior management techniques
  • medication
  • school programming and support

Continue Learning about Living With ADD/ADHD

how can i cope with adhd as a teen ?
Douglas E. Severance, MDDouglas E. Severance, MD
If you are a teenager who has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), learn as much as you ...
how can adhd be managed on a daily basis ?
The condition is often managed with daily medication in combination with counseling or support group...
how can choosing the right carbs help me manage my adhd symptoms ?
The kind of carbohydrates you choose may be important in your quest to better manage your attent...
how can adults with adhd channel their creativity ?
Can't focus? That's okay. A constantly distracted mind that jumps from one idea to the next is a...