How can we help my teen with his school experience?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
For children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), the classroom is often where problems first and most often appear. When it comes to specific ADHD treatments, each child and family is different. Also, the child’s severity and type of ADHD may play a part in the decision. To treat ADHD, students may require medical, educational, and behavioral interventions. This multimodal (comprehensive) approach involves both parents and children and may involve:
  • education about diagnosis and treatment
  • behavior management techniques
  • medication
  • school programming and support

Continue Learning about Living With ADD/ADHD

Adderall Abuse: A Growing Risk for Young Adults
You know a prescription drug is widely abused when it becomes the main character in recent movies! A is for Adderall is a documentary in production ab...
How can students with ADHD be successful in college?
Dr. Dale M. Valentine, MDDr. Dale M. Valentine, MD
A college student with ADHD can benefit from setting up a designated, individualized, homework area....
How can I improve my listening skills if I have adult ADD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
The following are some quick tricks to help you listen to the words of others if you have attentio...
Keep a Journal to Track Adult ADHD Symptoms