How can I cope with learning disabilities and ADHD as a teen?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
As a teen with learning disabilities and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), you have a lot to cope with. Schoolwork is much more of a challenge for you. You may also find it hard to make and keep friends, and you may have a lot of conflict with your family.

One important thing you can do to cope is continue to take your medicine. Many teens with ADHD and learning disabilities find that group therapy with other teens who have the same problems is  helpful. You can talk about problems with a group of supportive peers who understand what you are going through. Family therapy can help resolve issues between you and your parents.

Continue Learning about Living With ADD/ADHD

Adderall Abuse: A Growing Risk for Young Adults
You know a prescription drug is widely abused when it becomes the main character in recent movies! A is for Adderall is a documentary in production ab...
How can I improve my relationship with my partner with ADD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
If you love someone with attention deficit disorder (ADD), you need to focus on the gifts of ADD...
How can adults with ADHD set their priorities?
People living with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) should create a master to-do ...
Keep a Journal to Track Adult ADHD Symptoms