How much does lipoplasty cost?

The cost of lipoplasty, which is more commonly known as liposuction, usually depends upon the body area(s) upon which it is performed and who the surgeon is. The average cost is just under $3000 for one procedure, with a range from $2000-$8000. These estimates include non-surgical fees (nurses, operating room, supplies, pre-op lab tests) and surgical fees for the procedure. Health insurance doesn't usually cover liposuction unless it has a non-cosmetic health benefit.

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Lipoplasty cost depends on the areas of the body sculpted and time in the operating room. If an anesthesiologist is required, the cost will be higher as well. Areas ammenable for liposculpture include the outer breast, abdomen, hips, flanks, medial and lateral thighs, and facial regions. Costs may also vary by geographica regions in the United States.

Continue Learning about Lipoplasty

What medications are prescribed during lipoplasty recovery?
Lipoplasty (liposuction) recovery is mostly about managing the pain and swelling caused by the surge...
How does lipoplasty affect the body?
Lipoplasty, or liposuction, is a cosmetic procedure that aims to smooth out the shape of your body. ...
What blood tests are done before liposuction surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Prior to your surgery, your doctor will ask you to have a complete blood count (CBC), which show...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering Liposuction?