The Mirena Intrauterine System (IUS) is used for the prevention of pregnancy and is appropriate for childbearing women who desire a long term method of contraception. It can be used through the menopause transition to provide contraception. It is not intended for post menopausal use.
- Q Who should not use Mirena?
- Q What if I am using Mirena and decide I want to get pregnant?
- Q What should I expect when Mirena is placed in my uterus?
- Q Will Mirena protect me from sexually transmitted diseases?
- Q At what point of my cycle should Mirena be inserted?
- Q If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Mirena?