What is acute laryngitis?

Acute laryngitis is laryngitis that lasts less than two weeks. This temporary laryngitis will typically go away on its own. Home remedies, such as the steam from hot showers, can usually help to ease symptoms.

Continue Learning about Laryngitis

How common is acute laryngitis?
Because acute laryngitis can result from a range of underlying causes, it is a fairly common conditi...
How long will my laryngitis last?
Laryngitis is usually temporary. Most cases are acute, meaning that they only last a few days. These...
Should I be worried about laryngitis?
Abie H. Mendelsohn, MDAbie H. Mendelsohn, MD
Laryngitis is felt either as loss of voice and/or throat pain. Laryngitis that occurs over the span ...
What Is Laryngitis?
What Is Laryngitis?