How can I make sure to eat enough after knee replacement surgery?

After knee replacement surgery, you may not feel like eating much, but your body still needs extra energy and protein to start healing. Try the tips below to help you eat enough to build your strength:
  • Eat 3 smaller meals every day, and add in 3 high-protein snacks.
  • Use ready-to-eat, easily prepared foods.
  • Keep nutritious snacks handy for nibbling.
  • If you still can't eat much, ask your doctor or nutritionist about whether you should drink a supplement such as Ensure, Boost, or Instant Breakfast.

Continue Learning about Knee Replacement

Home Is Where the Healing Happens
Home Is Where the Healing Happens
Dorothy spends her entireThe Wizard of Oz journey searching for a way home to Kansas, only to find the solution was as simple as clicking her ruby hee...
What are the benefits of custom knee replacements?
Carlos M. Alvarado, MDCarlos M. Alvarado, MD
With custom knee replacement, the benefit is similar to having a custom suit or dress made for the i...
What can I expect before knee replacement surgery?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
After checking in for knee replacement surgery, you will remove your clothing and put on a hospital ...
What Is a Total Knee Replacement?
What Is a Total Knee Replacement?