What is bed-wetting?

Bed-wetting, also called nocturnal enuresis or nighttime incontinence, occurs when a child over the age of four or five releases urine at night during sleep. Occasional bed-wetting is normal in younger children: roughly a third of all four-year-olds still wet the bed at night. As children get older, they often outgrow the problem. Bed-wetting can be distressing for a child and their parents, but you can help your child handle the problem and get over it more quickly.

Continue Learning about Children's Health

8 Study Snacks That Make Kids Smarter
8 Study Snacks That Make Kids Smarter
Ask any kid, whether second-grader or swaggering senior, and you'll hear the same claim: Studying makes you hungry! Memorizing math formulas? Chips an...
How do I know if my child is addicted to cold medication?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
How do you know if your child is addicted to cold medication? First, let’s get educated about medici...
6 Ways to Stop Bedwetting
6 Ways to Stop Bedwetting6 Ways to Stop Bedwetting6 Ways to Stop Bedwetting6 Ways to Stop Bedwetting
These six strategies can help your child get a handle on bedwetting.
What Impact Does the White House Garden Have on Schools and Communities?