How can I help make sure my child doesn't get an infection in the hospital?

Kind of like the eyes are the window to the soul, your hands are the windows to infection! Hands can quickly transfer infection from person to person, so anytime you have healthcare providers who do not wash their hands, there is a possibility that they are transferring bacteria or viruses from one patient to the next. It's always appropriate to ask healthcare providers if they have washed their hands before they touch your child, and by doing so, you're doing your part to stop the spread of infection!

Continue Learning about Children's Health

Can Kiddie Toys Given by Restaurants Influence Children's Eating Behavior?
Healthy School Lunches Help Prevent Childhood Obesity
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Why Teenagers Should Watch Their Sodium
Is a Gluten-Free Diet Good for Children?