How can I help make sure my child doesn't get an infection in the hospital?

Kind of like the eyes are the window to the soul, your hands are the windows to infection! Hands can quickly transfer infection from person to person, so anytime you have healthcare providers who do not wash their hands, there is a possibility that they are transferring bacteria or viruses from one patient to the next. It's always appropriate to ask healthcare providers if they have washed their hands before they touch your child, and by doing so, you're doing your part to stop the spread of infection!

Continue Learning about Children's Health

For Healthier Kids, Just Add Water
For Healthier Kids, Just Add Water
Clear, clean, cold water. A revealing study from New York City’s public schools shows that this basic beverage can help kids lose weight and get healt...
What can cause low bone density in children?
Not drinking milk and avoiding cheese and other dairy products (perhaps fearing gaining too much wei...
6 Ways to Stop Bedwetting
6 Ways to Stop Bedwetting6 Ways to Stop Bedwetting6 Ways to Stop Bedwetting6 Ways to Stop Bedwetting
These six strategies can help your child get a handle on bedwetting.
Is Strength Training Safe for Kids?
Is Strength Training Safe for Kids?