How can I help my child prevent bedwetting during overnight trips?

Here are some tips to help your child prevent bedwetting during overnight trips:

• Talk to the person in charge and ask them to keep it private.
  • Make sure your child remembers to bring his or her medicines.
  • Tell your child to drink plenty during the day but stop an hour or two before bed.
  • Have your child keep a bottle of water handy so he or she can pretend it spilled.

Continue Learning about Children's Health

Keep Tabs on Your Child’s Health With These Tips From Our Experts
Q: Should I take vitamin D while I’m pregnant? And should I give a supplement to my two-year old? I hear conflicting reports on how necessary it is. —...
What are the symptoms of mania in children and teens?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The symptoms of mania in children and teenagers include an elevated or elated mood that lasts four t...
Head Lice: 11 Myths Debunked
Head Lice: 11 Myths DebunkedHead Lice: 11 Myths DebunkedHead Lice: 11 Myths DebunkedHead Lice: 11 Myths Debunked
Find out what you can do to treat -- and prevent -- a lice infestation.
If You Swallow Gum, Does It Stay In Your Gut for Years?