Healthy Kids at Every Age and Stage
- Age 3: Learning to Follow Rules
- Age 4: Playing the “Why” Game
- Age 5: Little Problem-Solver
- School-Age Kids: Organized and Responsible
- Teens and Tweens: Declaration of Independence
More Tips for Healthy Kids
Time to See a Pediatrician?Find One Near You
Try AskMDRecord your child's symptoms and medical history for your healthcare provider
The percentage of U.S. kids with a
chronic health condition
U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration
View all children’s health experts
Children’s Health Q&As
Univ. of Nev. School of Medicine, Family Medicine
When is SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) most likely to occur?
Sudden infant death syndrome, or SIDS, is the leading cause of death in children between 1 month and 1 year of age. Within this age . . .
- Q How will hospital staff make sure my child has a safe surgery?
- Q How do I choose a backpack for my child?
- Q How can video games affect my child?
- Q How can I keep my child's bandage dry after surgery?
- Q What are some tips for traveling with my chronically ill child?
- Q How can I help my child deal with peer pressure?
- Q What is a med-peds physician?
- Q How can I tell if my child's abdominal pain is a sign of a serious illness?
- Q Why is my child so thin?
- Q How can reading to my child help us bond?