What is plasmapheresis for an incompatible kidney transplant?

Plasmapheresis is a procedure utilized when a kidney transplant recipient’s bloodstream has high levels of antibodies that might attack a donor kidney and cause rejection. The procedure involves removing these antibodies to levels low enough to facilitate a safe kidney transplant.

Continue Learning about Kidney Transplant

Organ Donations on the Rise in the U.S.
Organ Donations on the Rise in the U.S.
When Nurse Jackie (Edie Falco) -- from the Showtime original series by the same name -- a married mother of two, was shagging her hospital’s pharmacol...
When can I return to work after a kidney-pancreas transplant?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
After a kidney-pancreas transplant, you will be able to return to your previous job, start a new job...
Who will decide if I can get a kidney transplant?
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical CenterPresbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
Once testing is complete, your case for a kidney transplant will be presented at a selection committ...
Who Is Not a Candidate for a Kidney Transplant?