What can I drink if I am trying to prevent kidney stones?

Any fluids, fluids and more fluids. Water is cheapest, healthiest, and most abundant. Adding lemon juice gives a touch of citrus, which will give you further advantage. To dispel myths- a study has shown caffeine in moderation prevents kidney stones, as long as it’s in low doses with other fluids and a healthy lifestyle. The same applies to alcohol, again in moderation and in low doses it prevents stones. Sugary and sweetened drinks including colas and some fruit juices have been linked to stone formation.

Continue Learning about Kidney Stones

Is There a Speedy Way to Pass Kidney Stones?
Kinga Ka is the world’s fastest rollercoaster, going from zero to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds. That’s enough loosen your fillings, and it’s hard to imagine...
Why will my doctor want to identify the kind of kidney stones I have?
You will receive different kinds of treatments depending on the type of kidney stone that has develo...
Are kidney stones serious?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
If a stone is lodged tightly in your ureter, you could develop high blood pressure or renal injury i...
Health Benefits of Beer
Health Benefits of Beer