How does the calcium in foods and supplements affect my kidney stones?

If you have calcium kidney stones, introducing more calcium into your body through foods and supplements can be problematic. Your doctor may recommend that you limit foods like spinach and chocolate because these contain high levels of oxalate. Calcium supplements should be taken with meals, if at all, because they may cause you to have too much calcium in your body.

Continue Learning about Kidney Stones

Is There a Speedy Way to Pass Kidney Stones?
Kinga Ka is the world’s fastest rollercoaster, going from zero to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds. That’s enough loosen your fillings, and it’s hard to imagine...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with kidney stones?
If you are caring for someone with kidney stones, you can support them by helping them plan meals th...
How can I manage the pain when passing a kidney stone?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
While you wait for a kidney stone to pass -- or for stone fragments to pass after a procedure -- y...
Health Benefits of Beer
Health Benefits of Beer