How do kidney stones affect the body?

As they pass through your urinary tract, kidney stones can obstruct urine from exiting your body and be quite painful. If they are quite large, they may cause damage to the kidneys or cause you to have recurrent urinary tract infections. Kidney stones are considered harmless, although you should contact your doctor if you are having serious pain.

Continue Learning about Kidney Stones

Is There a Speedy Way to Pass Kidney Stones?
Kinga Ka is the world’s fastest rollercoaster, going from zero to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds. That’s enough loosen your fillings, and it’s hard to imagine...
How does caffeine affect my kidney stones?
If you have kidney stones, drinking beverages that contain caffeine can cause problems. Caffeinated ...
Why will my doctor want to identify the kind of kidney stones I have?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Knowing the type of kidney stones you make -- and why -- allows your doctor to recommend specific ...
4 Ways to Prevent Kidney Stones
4 Ways to Prevent Kidney Stones