How do I know if my ESWL for kidney stones was successful?

Your doctor will order an abdominal xray or CT scan to check that the stone is gone, usually 2-4 weeks after the ESWL.

Continue Learning about Kidney Stone Treatment

What medicines can help my kidney stones pass?
Your doctor may recommend medicines that will help limit the recurrence of kidney stones. You may al...
Is lithotripsy necessary for a kidney stone?
Sangtae Park, MDSangtae Park, MD
While lithotripsy is not mandatory for all kidney stones, the majority of them would benefit from it...
Are there alternative treatments for kidney stones?
Kidney stones respond best to medical treatments. You can use alternative treatments to reduce your ...
What tools are used to remove a large kidney stone during surgery?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
During PCNL to remove a large kidney stone, doctors can advance a larger camera directly into the ki...