How do I know if my ESWL for kidney stones was successful?

Your doctor will order an abdominal xray or CT scan to check that the stone is gone, usually 2-4 weeks after the ESWL.

Continue Learning about Kidney Stone Treatment

What can I expect during ESWL treatment for kidney stones?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
You can expect to receive some kind of anesthesia during ESWL (extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy...
What medications are used to dissolve kidney stones?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Only uric acid stones can dissolve. For uric acid stones, doctors change the pH of the urine from ac...
Why is a stent used to treat kidney stones?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
If a kidney stone hasn’t passed, if you’re infected or you’re in horrible pain, the doctor may choos...
What can I expect after my kidney stone is removed?
Jayram Krishnan, DOJayram Krishnan, DO
After a kidney stone is removed, your doctor will perform a series of tests that will help tailor yo...