What are subdural and epidural hemorrhage?

Subdural and epidural hemorrhage are types of intracranial hemorrhage that result when blood leakage -- either traumatic and brisk (epidural) or insidious and slow (subdural) -- from broken vessels enters the space above or below the dura mater (the outermost membrane covering the brain).

Continue Learning about Intracranial Hemorrhage

How do I manage my intracranial hemorrhage on a daily basis?
Most of the recovery after intracranial hemorrhage will take place in the first half year. Smaller i...
How do medications treat intracranial hemorrhage?
Individuals recovering from intracranial hemorrhage may be given diuretics. These help reduce swelli...
What is an intracranial hemorrhage?
Intracranial hemorrhage is bleeding inside the skull, either in the brain itself or in the space sep...
Should I talk to my doctor about my intracranial hemorrhage symptoms?
Intracranial hemorrhage is a serious condition that can be fatal. Emergency medical treatment is usu...