If I have IC/PBS, does it mean I have cancer?

IC/PBS is not the same as cancer. Researchers have found no evidence that IC/PBS is associated with any increased risk for contracting bladder cancer. Having IC/PBS also does not mean that you currently have cancer.

Continue Learning about Interstitial Cystitis (Painful Bladder Syndrome)

Interstitial Cystitis (Painful Bladder Syndrome)

Interstitial cystitis, a painful bladder syndrome, mostly affects women. It is a recurring syndrome that causes bladder pressure and pain and frequent painful urination. The symptoms resemble the signs of a urinary tract infection...

n, but urine cultures usually show no bacteria. There is no single known treatment for interstitial cystitis, so you might need to try several combinations of treatment to find what works for your symptoms.