How can I help prevent weight gain caused by insulin?

Insulin can stimulate your appetite, but you can prevent weight gain by eating more fruits, vegetables, and high-fiber foods (e.g., beans and whole grains), and by exercising more. These strategies help control your weight and keep your blood sugar level down.

Continue Learning about Insulin

Uncovering the Black Market for Insulin
Uncovering the Black Market for Insulin
The Internet has always been a place for people to connect with drug sellers. The Dr. Oz Show discovered that some of the drugs in highest demand aren...
How can I utilize my own body's insulin?
Insulin is utilized whenever food is consumed.  Insulin helps regulate energy and glucose metabolism...
What should I do if I have hypoglycemia after taking insulin for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
When you take insulin, if you think you have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) check your blood glu...
If I Have Type 2 Diabetes, Will I Eventually Have to Take Insulin?