How do insect bites affect the body?

Insect bites inject substances into the skin that have an irritating affect on the body. In most cases, this just produces a bump that itches. However, in more serious cases, they can cause nausea or swelling. They can even cause the airway to swell or even close up, impeding breathing.

Continue Learning about Insect Bites

The Do’s and Don’ts of Avoiding the Fire Ant
In the 2015 movie Ant-Man, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) develops an armored suit that can shrink someone to the size of an ant and give that tiny cr...
How serious can insect bites be?
In general, the bites themselves are not serious. However, in some rare cases, people can have a sev...
4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite
4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite4 Types of People Mosquitos Love to Bite
Learn why some people are more susceptible to mosquito bites.
How Can I Protect Myself From Mosquitoes?