What plastic surgery techniques can help with severe wounds?

Ross Rudolph, MD
Plastic Surgery
Severe wounds can cause pain, loss of function, have an unattractive appearance or all of the above. Fortunately, there are a number of plastic surgery techniques that can help.
  • Skin grafts
  • Microsurgery
  • Tissue expansion
Regardless of the actual procedure, it’s important to know that, these are serious surgeries and require longer periods of recovery time. It could be a few months before the skin around the wound looks or feels “normal.”

Continue Learning about Injuries, Wound and Trauma

Why Isn’t This Wound Healing?
Why Isn’t This Wound Healing?
Do you have a wound that seems to be taking forever to heal? If it's been a month or even longer, it could be a sign of a more serious issue. By defi...
How can I reduce my risk of falling?
Henry McCann, DAOMHenry McCann, DAOM
To avoid falls it is certainly important to be sure your home is safe. For example, be sure that flo...
Who is most likely to suffer from unintentional injuries, boys or girls?
Gautam P. Yagnik, MDGautam P. Yagnik, MD
Usually for the unintentional injuries, because more boys are playing in sports and involved in high...
Why Are Soft Tissue Injuries So Painful?