How does radiation poisoning affect my mental health?

There are a number of ways in which radiation poisoning can lead to psychological stress. Concern about survival, medical treatments, and risk of future cancer can cause anxiety and depression. In addition, emotional trauma may result from the experience of a nuclear disaster. Psychological conditions due to trauma may include insomnia, concentration difficulties, grief over lost loved ones, substance abuse, and post-traumatic stress disorder, among others.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Radiation Poisoning On The Body

How does radiation poisoning affect my stomach and intestines?
The gastrointestinal syndrome is a term used to describe the effects of radiation poisoning on the s...
How radiation poisoning affect my skin?
The cutaneous syndrome is a term used to describe the effects of radiation poisoning on the skin. In...
How does radiation poisoning affect my bone marrow?
The hematopoietic syndrome is a term used to describe the effects of radiation poisoning on the bone...
How does radiation poisoning affect my brain?
The cerebrovascular syndrome is a term used to describe the effects of radiation poisoning on the br...