Why is hand washing so important to immune health?

Soap and water can remove bacteria from your hands and keep it from reaching your eyes, nose and mouth -- and from infecting you. A University of Colorado study showed that students who washed their hands more often experienced fewer incidences of the common cold and flu.

Continue Learning about Immune System

Hand-Wash Dishes For Your Immune System
Hand-Wash Dishes For Your Immune System
Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto -- a superstar on Iron Chef America -- once said, “Japanese chefs believe our soul goes into our knives once we start usin...
How do my body's filtration systems work to keep me healthy?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Watch this video to learn how your lymphatic system and kidneys filter blood to protect your health....
Can weather changes trigger illness?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
Your body is used to functioning in a certain temperature, so as the seasons change, your body is fo...
Breastfeeding Provides Ideal Nutrition for Babies