Garlic enhances immune response in cells in the laboratory. At low-to-moderate doses, one of the compounds formed when garlic is heated, diallyl trisulfide, appears to make certain cells of the immune system more active against cancer cells.
Similar results were obtained by another study, which conclude that extracts from aged garlic are powerful enhancers of immune response. This activation may also contribute to the ability of garlic to fight infections.
- Q How does eating almonds help support my immune system?
- Q How do red bell peppers help support my immune system?
- Q Are there foods that can fight off infections?
- Q What kind of impact does diet have on immune system health?
- Q How does yogurt help the immune system?
- Q Which foods are high in quercetin to help my immune system?