Garlic enhances immune response in cells in the laboratory. At low-to-moderate doses, one of the compounds formed when garlic is heated, diallyl trisulfide, appears to make certain cells of the immune system more active against cancer cells.
Similar results were obtained by another study, which conclude that extracts from aged garlic are powerful enhancers of immune response. This activation may also contribute to the ability of garlic to fight infections.
- Q What nutrients boost the immune system?
- Q How does butternut squash support my immune system?
- Q What are some foods that boost immunity?
- Q How does the nutrient quercetin help my immune system?
- Q How can flavonoids benefit your immune system?
- Q How can eating spinach help support my immune system?