Is there a vaccine for granulomatosis with polyangiitis?

Unfortunately, there is no vaccine to protect against granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA), formerly known as Wegener's granulomatosis. In fact, it is a disease that is difficult to prevent because scientists and doctors are not sure what causes the symptoms. The best way to deal with GPA is to detect it early and seek immediate treatment to avoid serious complications from the progression of the disease.

Continue Learning about Immune & Lymphatic System Disorders

What is the prognosis for neurological sequelae of lupus?
Angela Mark, MDAngela Mark, MD
the newly adopted nomenclature system recognizes 19 neuropsychiatric syndromes that can be associate...
What can I do to feel better if I am suffering from autoimmune disease?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
If you are living with an autoimmune disease, there are things you can do each day to feel better:Ea...
What is an autoimmune disease?
Mihaela B. Taylor, MDMihaela B. Taylor, MD
An autoimmune disease is any condition in which the body's immune system attacks itself. This happen...
What Is Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric OCD?