No, there is no cure for hypothyroidism. Once a person develops this condition, it is a chronic condition that persists for life. However, it is well managed with conventional treatment. Symptoms are controlled by taking synthetic thyroid hormone every day for life.
- Q When may medications for hypothyroidism need to be adjusted?
- Q How do medications treat congenital hypothyroidism?
- Q What are the synthetic thyroid products?
- Q Do I need to be regularly monitored for thyroid replacement?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for congenital hypothyroidism?
- Q What are natural treatments for hypothyroidism?