No, there is no cure for hypothyroidism. Once a person develops this condition, it is a chronic condition that persists for life. However, it is well managed with conventional treatment. Symptoms are controlled by taking synthetic thyroid hormone every day for life.
- Q How is hypothyroidism treated?
- Q What are the synthetic thyroid products?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for hypothyroidism?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for congenital hypothyroidism?
- Q What are natural treatments for hypothyroidism?
- Q How do medications treat hypothyroidism?