Is there a cure for hypopharyngeal cancer?

While there are treatments available for hypopharyngeal cancer, the overall five year survival rate is under 50 percent. Factors that affect prognosis include the stage at diagnosis and the overall health of the patient. Treatment is more likely to be successful if the cancer is caught at an early stage. For instance, the five year survival is 53 percent in stage I cancer and 24 percent in stage IV.

Continue Learning about Hypopharyngeal Cancer

What are the stages of hypopharyngeal cancer?
Hypopharyngeal cancer is staged 0 to IV. Stage 0 cancer has not invaded any local tissue or spread t...
Is hypopharyngeal cancer serious?
Hypopharyngeal cancer can be very serious as this form of cancer tends to spread quickly. The cancer...
Should I talk to my doctor about my hypopharyngeal cancer symptoms?
If you develop symptoms consistent with hypopharyngeal cancer, it is important for you to talk to yo...
What is hypopharyngeal cancer?
The pharynx, or throat, is divided into the nasopharynx, oropharynx, and hypopharynx, which is the l...